Thursday, June 4, 2009

Procrastination

A couple of weeks ago I bought a new pair of Shimizu-Orange running shoes, this great pair of Nikes...
They really are great to run in, they have wider and more comfortable soles than the Asics I used before, and aren't that much heavier. The best part though is the Nike+ system. There is a small chip you put in the sole of the left shoe, which communicates with your iPod and records your running time, distance and speed - fantastic! Except "your iPod" is in this case Nami's iPod, which she, understandably, likes to take to work everyday to listen to music on the train. If I go running without the iPod, my run isn't recorded and I can't upload it to the Nike+ website. So buying these trainers has had the ironic effect of reducing the number of runs I do every week...

I know Steve is training for the London marathon next year, which is a fantastic goal. Given my current form and inability to run regularly, I shall have to content myself with knowledge that the Japanese call any run over 150m a "Maruhon" :D

No comments:

Post a Comment